2D Game Development Competition
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD GAME PLAY AND VOTING PROCESS
On June 25, 2011 Westwood College will announce the winners of its 5th Annual 2D Game Development Competition during the 3rd Annual Gathering of Video Game Legends at our Anaheim campus. The public is invited to attend the day's event!
- The competition features games from our students in Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago and our Online Campus
- The games will also be judged by experts from the interactive entertainment industry
- The game must be 2D. The game must be playable in a standard web-browser.
- The game must contain a minimum of 3 but not more than 5 screen environment changes.
- The time required for an average player to complete a non-impeded gameplay must be at least 5 minutes but not more than 10 minutes.
- The style of play must fit in the side-scrolling category (jump-jump, traversing a maze, climbing or declining through levels, etc)
- The player's avatar must be able to collect items, power-ups, gain lives, achievements, etc. within the game.
- The player's avatar must toss, shoot or otherwise propel an item (e.g. toss a grenade, shoot a squirt gun, propel a pineapple, etc.) in order to progress the gameplay.
- Any style of art (realistic, cartoony, fantasy, etc.) is allowed in the game.
- The game must be set on planet Earth and be set in a time period before 1900. Visitation to or from another time period or planet is not allowed in the game. Researching the era is advisable to insure appropriateness of the game's assets.
The Game Rating Process
- Please play and rate each game with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or NO PLACE vote.
- Visit the Armor Game blog and enter your game choices for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.